Friday, December 4, 2015

Decorating for Christmas

I've always loved decorating for Christmas.  This year it has felt like a bit of a chore.  I'm not sure why.

Maybe the weather?

We are in New England.

It is supposed to be COLD!

We should have had a bit of snow by now.

This weekend is supposed to be sunny with highs in the 50's!

Anyway...Here's the house so far.


I love that you can see the tree through the front door.


Here's the sun porch at night.  (The entrance we use.)


Here it is during the day.


This is part of the kitchen.


The end of the dining room.



And our tree.  AKA "Big Fatty".  It is such a huge tree and really does not fit well in this space, but no one will let me get rid of it.  It's become a tradition!  (We will decorate it when college girl is home.)




There are still a few things I'd like to put up, but I like what I have so far.  It's been a few years since I've made any major changes, so this year I'm taking notes.  I think I'll hit the after Christmas sales hard for new decor!


1 comment: