Thursday, September 10, 2015

a Quarter century

Last month Mike and I celebrated our anniversary.  25 years.  A Quarter Century!!  The two of us had taken an early celebration trip back in July (While the college kids were still home to stay with the other kids), so we decided we weren't going to do presents.  But I had to get him something!  

I was searching around online for keychains and found some made with coins.  Then it dawned on me! 

We've been married 25 years.  
A quarter century!
A quarter is 25 cents.  
A traditional 25th anniversary gift is silver.  
Quarters used to be made of silver.  
It was perfect!


I even found a quarter from 1990!  I told the girls that I should tell Mike I'd saved this from our wedding day.  Wouldn't that be romantic?  They said, "You can't lie, mom."  They were right, but could you just imagine how romantic that would have been??


Linking up to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and may you have many more! Great post for Q

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and many more years of togetherness to you.
    The gift sounds so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on celebrating your silver anniversary. I think your gift is perfect and one that will always remind Mike of the beautiful, thoughtful person he married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gift! I'm going to start searching for a 1996 quarter now. Congratulations!!
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! 25 was for us a big deal too, and went to Greece to celebrate it (I wanted out honeymoon to be there, but no planes were flying there at that time in January) Have a happy celebration:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and what a wonderful idea. I wish I could have wonderful ideas like that.

    ReplyDelete