Saturday, October 18, 2014

Halloween Brownies

Day 18

Joey had a Halloween party to go to today and asked if I'd make a dessert of some kind.  Finally last night he asked if I could make some brownies.  And could I make them red?  Like blood?  I didn't think I could...then this morning I found this recipe for


Hmmm...These looked like a perfect Halloween party treat!  But Joey didn't like the idea of cheesecake.  What could I do instead that did not involve going to the store?  I cut the brownies into bite sized pieces.  Joey and I stuck a half marshmallow on each brownie with some frosting, then stuck an M&M on the marshmallow with a bit more frosting.  Quick eyeballs!  

{If I hadn't run out of red food coloring while making the brownies, I would have mixed some with the white frosting and made the eyes look bloodshot!}

I had a party to go to as well and wanted to bring a treat.  I wanted to try the recipe WITH the cheesecake.  Since I was out of red food color, I added some black to the brownies and some orange to the cream cheese mixture.  They turned out perfect and tasted great.  I'll be keeping this recipe to make again.  


For more on my 31 Days of HOME, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment